Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SOAP

So I went to the library last night, and checked out some very interesting books!  Before Christmas my mom and I were thinking about making soap, as little gifts but never actually got to it.  I checked a book out about homemade/handmade soaps, and it looks easier than I thought!  I need a few tools, but a few things I can pick up second hand....actually maybe most of it. 
This may turn into a really fun hobby for me!  And Ill never have to buy hand soap again from a store.  I'm thinking maybe ill send some to my family for them to try it out for me!  I have to wait a little while before I can get making some, and it may take a few tries!  And I also have to search around for ingredients, but that will be fun i think, finding different scents i like!  And hopefully by next Christmas I can send some out for gifts! 
See, I LOVE making things on the pottery wheel, I took a class and the teacher said I have a real Knack for it.  I'm not saying ill never get back into it, but this is something I can do at home (hopefully with little cost). 
I'm really looking forward to making me first batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment